From:
natalie hessell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 21 Apr 2010 08:08:08 -0700
Judy commented on using bf for pain management during vaccinations (or other painful procedures) "~~` Hmm, I wonder what harm they were expecting, that baby might bite  mom?"

Seems most places around here don't allow it, and many moms are told it is to prevent the baby from choking (or to keep baby held still).  Personally I believe it may be due to liability, inability to go against office policy, or not wanting moms to view vaccinations as a painful procedure their baby may need to be helped through.  I have nursed my babies through the metabolic screening, they did great, little to no crying, no choking.

Natalie Hessell
LLL and CLC