From:
Kershaw Jane <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 7 Dec 2009 09:37:34 -0600
I do understand all these arguments - BUT having been a nursing mom with NO pump other than a bicycle horn pump, I learned to use 2 cups and 2 hands to double express simultaneously for my 10 minute break when I was a very poor mom who had to work to support my 3 children.  I love the pumps, they made things easier for my 4th, but I hope we never lose the technology in our hands.  Every day I teach a mom or many moms how to hand-express.  They are SOOO pleased when they see what they can do themselves!  Hand-expression does have it's limits.  But so do electric pumps.