From:
Ingrid van der Velden <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 15 Aug 2004 15:55:55 +0200
I have Hashimoto thyroiditis myself and am currently breastfeeding my third
child. My antibody levels were sky high when I was bf my first. However,
those antibodies are too large to pass into the milk. There's no reason why
a mom with this condition shouldn't breastfeed.
Her thyroid hormone levels should be monitored very well after delivery to
make sure her replacement therapy intake is still correct.

Ingrid van der Velden
The Netherlands