From:
Heleen Hayes <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 28 Aug 2002 10:14:05 +0200
On 28 Aug 2002 at 0:00, Naomi Bar-Yam wrote:

> >Perhaps it might be helpfull for US women to see Dutch shows about
> >childbirth. (there are 2 at T this season I think).There are some
> >hospital births in it, but also unmedicalised outplaced homebirths
> >and homebirths. Most in a relaxed atmosphere (the latter two) with
> >women who are alert and know what they are doing. Perhaps an idea to
> >ask  TV stations to buy such shows?
>
> That's a great idea. They might also be good to show in childbirth and
> breastfeeding classes. I find the American films that I have seen are
> all pretty high intervention and don't show breastfeeding after birth
> which should be part of any birth film, I think.
>
> Anyone know more about this or how to get review copies?
> Perhaps they could be reviewed in JHL.

Beware, some of the babies are bottlefed ;-)
I have done a short search on the internet, but it is quite difficult to find information on
these programs, but this is what I have found
SBS6 (http://www.sbsnet.nl/)is the tv-station that broadcasts 'De Bevalling' (the
delivery/giving birth). At the moment people who want to be in the program can phone
the producers at +31 35 - 677 37 96.
This program has had 150 episodes and new episodes will be broadcasted from
September 22, 2002.
EO is a public station that broadcasts 'Beschuit met muisjes', a slightly more
modest/discrete show. A friend of mine has actually come forward to be in this
show because she is still nursing her 3 year old and is sure she wants to nurse the
new baby. The main reason for her to participate is to promote breastfeeding!
Anyway, this public station can be found on www.eo.nl and can be contacted at
I have also found 2 nice articles on a parenting homepage about pain-medication-
free deliveries, which of course are in Dutch...

---
Heleen Hayes
http://www.xs4all.nl/~hhayes