From:
Peg Merrill <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 20 Feb 2002 20:43:44 -0500
Barbara mentioned the "Breastfeeding Kardex" put out by the Md. WIC program.
Since I was part of the committee that worked on this I called Amy Kovar
Resnik to see if they are still available.  They are, at a cost of $16, not
$2.  The $2 could have been for shipping and handling. She suggested that
anyone interested in purchasing them E-mail her with name, address, and #
wanted, she would then E-mail back the particulars on how much and where to
send payment.  Her E-mail is [log in to unmask]
The Kardex would be a really good tool for the ask-a-nurse type of program.
It is thorough and has good information.  We tested it in three local
hospitals and in several local WIC agencies.
Peg Merrill IBCLC, former WIC Nutritionist - now hospital based LC