From:
The Markgraf Family <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 20 Aug 1996 16:55:52 -0400
Sorry if this was already forwarded.

------------------------------

Date:    Tue, 20 Aug 1996 15:04:56 EDT
From:    H Feldman & E Martell <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: Emergency- Can you help NOW?

Dear Friends,

A mom just called me to ask for help in getting donors to provide
breastmilk for
her 6 week old baby for 4 to 6 days while she takes a course of Diflucan
treat thrush.  She has tried everything else.

She is convinced that she must not give her own milk to the baby or have
breast
contact until the drug clears the thrush (she fears reinfection).

Could someone online at the moment find out for me the drug implications
and
recommendations for treating breast thrush with diflucan and temporary
weaning?

Could someone also find out any legal implications regarding obtaining
volunteers to provide donor breastmilk?

She has been in contact with local hospitals for donor milk and could
only
obtain one bottle due to lack of aids testing here.

This is urgent as the mother wishes to begin treatment as soon as
possible to
get some relief from thrush and to enjoy nursing her new baby.

Thank you very much for any help you can provide on either question.

Greatfully yours,

Eileen Martell in London

PS:  Could someone on lactnet forward this to post?  I used to be on
lactnet but
was too overwhelmed by the quantity of reading to keep up with both
lists.  Much
obliged.

--
  |\      _,,,--,,_  ,) ...too tired for a sig...
 |,4-  ) )-,_ ) /\            http://www.globaldialog.com/~tamara/