From:
Julie Rosen <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 26 May 2002 18:55:33 -0400
Does anyone have any information regarding the current level and quality of
breastfeeding education of pediatric residency programs in the U.S.? Someone
I know is writing an article and would appreciate any info you might have.
Thanks,

BTW, just to weigh in on the discussion regarding the transition from LLLL
to LC, in my first two offers as a LLL leader to moms (5 and 2 week olds who
hadn't latched since birth and hadn't latched at all, respectively) to come
to my home for an assessment, both moms seemed hesitant until they asked me
how much I charged.  When I told them it was free, they couldn't believe it.
Both have also been very hesitant to call an LC despite my gushing about the
local LCs and my telling them that, acc. to one of the LCs, her patients are
generally reimbursed by almost all insurances. One of the moms even spent
$300 on a pump.  Maybe I should put the cost savings in terms of the cost of
formula versus an LC...

Julie Rosen, LLLL