From:
Leila Marcial <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 24 Jan 1998 21:47:09 -0800
to the list:
my name is Leila Marcial, I have been on this list before.  I am an RN
& CCE, I teach my prenatal classes in Spanish, and have been for
almost 17 years.  I have 2 sons - Rafe - 19 - born by c/sec and bf 1
year; and Eagle Scout/Police Explorer Extraordinaire. Rafe is a "fan"
of Nancy Wainer Cohen, Kathy Dettwyler, and Michel Odent.  He wants to
be  policeman going after those who commit environmental crimes.
Christopher - 9years -born by VBAC -and Bear Cub Scout, bf for 4.2
years.  BOTH attended sessions at the LLLI conference in Washington,
DC.  Rafe even "hung out" w/a Leader from the Dominican Republic,
Yanet Olivares de Saiz.  Chris danced in "Chance to Dance".  Jeanette
Panchula has met my boys, she'll tell you that they are good kids.

I am also a trained peer counsellor through LLL of Trenton, NJ.  I
have finished translating to Spanish the breastfeeding instructions
for Morristown Mem Hosp in Morristown, NJ; also their pumping
instructions for NICU moms.  I am proud of this!!!!!

I have a question about the WIC counsellors from Philly, PA who are to
take the IBLCE exam in July, 98.
I'd want to send them my old editions of Lawrence, & Mohrbacher &
Stock books.  BUT!!!!!.....I have downloaded posts from Lactnet in
them, in the section they apply to.  Can I send them as is..or would
list members rather that I remove them?????  Or jsut remove your name
from them?????  I save the name just in case I may have a question on
the "hint" later on.  I don't save the e-mail though.  Please let me
know, I'd like to send them asap.  I spoke w/their supervisor on the
phone.  The WIC counsellors meet once a week to study for the test,
they don't have many resources to but the books to study from.

      Sincerely,
            Leila Elena Marcial, RN/CCE
            Bebitos Educacion Prenatal