From:
Jeanne Fisher <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 16 Apr 1996 10:12:01 -0400
Hello, friends:

Does anyone know if there are any commercial formulas (pre-term or full-term)
available in the U.S. that contain DHA (decosahexanoic acid), or AA
(arachidonic acid), the long chain polyunsaturate fatty acids?

I believe DHA and AA are added to ABM in Europe at this time.  Could our
international friends comment, please?

We had a discussion on LACTNET last fall about the impending addition of this
"wonder component" to ABM.  Aren't we grateful that Mother Nature planned
ahead and has already included it in Human Milk?

TIA,
Jeanne Fisher
Austin, TX