From:
Nikki Lee <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 9 Mar 2010 16:16:41 -0500
Dear Friends:

My toast test has been taken in directions I would never have
imagined....quite a lesson for me.

It refers only to things that mothers purchase to put on their nipples.
While olive oil is fine, shea butter and beeswax might not be.

The converse statement (anything you put on your toast is okay to put on
your nipples) is ridiculous.....

If she asks you about X new cream or Y new ointment, the toast test might be
applicable. If she is supposed to wash it off before nursing, it is clearly
useless as her poor nipples will be even more irritated.

warmly, and remembering the Eucerin days, where each mom got a big glob of
Eucerin cream scooped out of a jar and put on a piece of paper.....

--
Nikki Lee RN, BSN, Mother of 2, MS, IBCLC, CCE, CIMI
craniosacral therapy practitioner