From:
Jeanette Panchula <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 13 Feb 2003 06:54:52 -0800
Having an engineer as a husband has led to my having all sorts of pressure
gauges and stoppers and evaluation tools for pumps I've been given during
the last 25 years.  Some were quite exotic!

When I ran a pump rental program in Puerto Rico I learned not only to check
the pressure, but run the machine for 15 minutes with the gauge and stopper
on.  Otherwise I didn't detect the pump that was getting "tired" (it
started out fine, but would reduce its suction after 5 minutes or so).

Some double electric pumps need to have both sides covered when you are
trying to get a reading - others can be done separately.

Jeanette Panchula, BSW, RN, PHN, IBCLC
NEW e-mail address: [log in to unmask]