From:
Jann Sheperd <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 17 Nov 2004 07:08:36 -0800
I only have my personal experience with the Mirena to give.  I got the
Mirena when my 3rd child was about 10 months old and did not have any
problems with it and my milk supply.  I still have it but  now that he is 4,
he doesn't nurse much.  I asked him if he got any "mamma juice" when he
nurses and he says he does and I asked if it tastes good he smiles and says
"yes" ( and my 7 yr old, who decided it was 'yucky' when little brother was
born and I didn't get him to tandem with him said " now I wish I could have
some 'mamma juice').  aww, regrets... and now I am getting off the subject
remembering last night's interchange.

I understand the dose is so very minimal because it is intended to have only
the local effect on the lining of the uterus.  Very little if any is
expected to reach the general circulation.  Maybe it is possible for some
who would be more sensetive to it to have an effect on milk supply.
(anything seems possible!)

Janette mom to 3 sons.... and a mom/baby RN...retired LLL....lactavist