Date:
Mon, 5 Jul 2010 21:34:51 -0400
 And does he have ANY evidence to support his plan?  I would love to see his study of over 100 infants!

What I believe these people get mixed up is what happens when a baby cannot transfer sufficient milk to thrive.  Then, yes they are using up more energy but it is because they are not adequately fed for the amount of energy they are expending.  As long as the infant will ingest enough milk (or can be tube fed)  after the breastfeeding session or its between "feeding sessions"  this does not occur.  They put pacifiers in mouths to develop oral motor strength --the breast is no different (actually its better) when used in a similar fashion.

Christine Betzold NP CLC MSN
www.theBFclinic.com
714-269-9879