From:
Mary Alice Tinari <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 24 Mar 1998 21:37:31 -0500
Friends,

I just saw a mom today who has 6 children, all breastfed.  The last two
are twin boys who are not gaining very well at all.  She was told to
wean because she, "is just too old to breastfeed."  She wasn't too old
to get pregnant!  And IMHO she isn't old at all!  She appears to be
about 40.  I guess I am getting ancient!  No doctor bashing, I don't
know who in the office told her this, could be any of a number of
"helpers".  Rant over.  Back to deep breathing.

Mary Alice Tinari RN, IBCLC
Huntingdon Valley, PA  a suburb of Phila.