From:
Debbi Heffern <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 29 Oct 2007 21:55:04 -0500
Try The Critical Importance of Mothering by Elliott Barker.

http://www.naturalchild.org/elliott_barker/mothering.html

The point being that if needs aren't met during the early years, people try in many ways to later meet that need, but it's like a leaky bucket that can never be filled.  Seal the bucket completely in the early years by breastfeeding and developing an appropriate sense of inner fullness/completeness rather than having an endless search for others/things to provide a sense of completeness from outside.

What is it with lactation folk who seem to find themselves surrounded by social workers?  My own MSW daughter in law became a LLLL to head off the stuff she found herself otherwise treating!  I've little doubt my daughter who is also an MSW is likely to do the same~~~once she has a baby and breastfeeds.

Debbi Heffern
RD, IBCLC, LLLL
St. Louis, MO

Checked by AVG Free Edition.