From:
Sulman Family <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 22 Jan 1998 14:24:45 -0900
For the baby Ann Calandro mentioned with the green stools, snorting
breathing and failure to gain weight, I also thought right away that cystic
fibrosis needs to  be ruled out.  These are typical symptoms for affected
babies.  Stools are characteristically foul-smelling, fatty, and float due
to a difficulty in digesting fats. I wouldn't want to unduly alarm the
parents, but on the other hand, it would be helpful to know if this is what
is contributing (or not) to the baby's difficulties.

Anne Altshuler, RN, MS, IBCLC and LLL leader in Madison, WI