From:
Barbara Latterner <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 7 Jan 2003 08:17:09 EST
Jan,

Oh, how I wish I could say something like you just did with a straight
face-would never happen.   Might I quote you?  (just kidding).  But on a
serious note re Lipil are there yet documented articles listing where Lipil
gets its DHA and ARA?  that these ingredients are genetically engineered?
Marsha, you wrote a letter  awhile back(I'm sorry I don't remember to whom,
but it was in reference to use of Lipil) stating that diarrhea in infants
given Lipil has been noted, do you have sources for this that you could
share?

The reason I ask, is that I see these @*#!! cans of stuff in the homes I
visit and being given out by pedi's with no information accompanying this
"wonderful, free" gift and I am compelled to inform moms of the risks (known
and unkown) of this product.  I'd like to include some information with my
reports to pedi's/OB's and point out that the literature (I use that term
loosely) they probably read/heard came from the manufacturer and might be a
tad biased...

At the very least, moms deserve to be informed before (and after) they use
this product (it's scary).

Barbara Latterner, BSN, RN, IBCLC
Brewster, NY