From:
Kathy Dettwyler <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 18 Jun 1997 08:44:33 -0500
> I then came up with the bright idea of expressing some of my milk for
them.  We gave it to them with an eye dropper.  They sucked it right down.
I have to admit, I was quite proud. They grew and were released into our
backyard.  I told a few people that story and they thought I was alittle off
the deep end.

Geeze, Louise, it's not as if you put them to your own breasts!  Remember
that people in some parts of the world do nurse non-human animals who have
lost their mothers for whatever reasons, including baby pigs and baby deer
and puppies.
Katherine A. Dettwyler, Ph.D.
Associate Professor of Anthropology and Nutrition
Texas A&M University