From:
Kershaw Jane <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 19 Jan 2009 09:09:57 -0600
The religious exception probably has the underlying idea of separation of church and state - the state does not have the right to dictate what a religion teaches its adherents - including the classification of dress inside the meeting place.  There are all sorts of ways to extrapolate from other situations to this one.