From:
Heather Davis <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 20 Jul 2002 14:18:07 -0400
Hello again list-

I am putting together a flyer/package of items that can be bought (extremely inexpensive) by the hospitals for the breastfeeding mothers after delivering a baby, instead of the conflict-of-interest "formula bags" (so NOTHING in the gift-package will be sponsored or in any way affiliated with artificial baby food). This is an idea, by myself (a breastfeeding mother, RN, and FNP grad student) and my step-mother (who works as a sales rep for a major logo wear company) after seeing what a huge need there was in our community and around the country. I might be dreaming too big, but I think it is worth a shot because the items are all geared for breastfeeding mothers but will make the hospital look good at the same time (their logo on the items so new moms are promoting them instead of "formula"). Anyway, I need to have the contact person, title and their address, also the address of the hospital so I can send an example "package" of the items they can get and the bulk quantity pricing (which is incredibly good).

I started, only a couple weeks ago, an on-line home business selling professionally embroidered pro-breastfeeding message shirts (write me if you want to hear the slogans, they are very very cute!), bibs, totes, blankets and rompers and the response has been overwhelming, too much in fact (only too much because I am doing this while taking summer school and the summer school class is VERY time consuming!). I saw a need, I couldn't find what I liked on the Internet after many weeks of looking around, and my town had NOTHING in the way of "pro-breastfeeding" items for breastfeeding moms like myself and my friends. So, that is where the idea started.

So, long story short-I need the above info., unless your maternity dept already has another gift choice for the breastfeeding mothers (which is so great if they do). If they do not, and are thinking or will be thinking of getting rid of the formula sponsored bags in the near future, write me with the contact info. and I hope to change their minds, along with make some breastfeeding moms very happy, and also do it at a price I know is very competitive!!!
Thanks for any help, please write me privately-

Heather Davis, RN
FNP student at the University of South Carolina