From:
Denise Parker <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 25 Jan 1996 05:35:45 -0800
For those of you following this case with me.  The new development this week
is related to the visit to the chiropractor.  Baby's jaw appears to be more
forward than previously (OT says she sees no change) and mother feels baby
is maintaining suction at breast better than ever.

Mother wanted to show me improved suction yesterday and baby wasn't really
hungry so kept popping off and on the breast.

I didn't get to see improved suction but mother had a MER that sprayed
across the room!

Remember this mother has struggled with milk supply the whole time.  Milk
was going everywhere and baby wasn't interested.  Mom has been on Flax seed
oil and Borage for about 5 days.

Mother decided to delay return to work for 6-8 weeks.  She is still going to
use bottles but she is now decided to give things more time to work out.
She had decided to pump frequently again and see what happens.  She's never
been good about pumping in the past.  She will continue to introduce a
bottle once a day because she needs to go back to work and wants baby to get
used to a bottle, she isn't interested in learning cup feeding, I have given
her the option numerous times.

We'll see.  Comments?

Denise Parker, BA, IBCLC (La Crescenta, CA)
To Avoid Criticism, say nothing, do nothing, be nothing