Date:
Fri, 26 Oct 2012 10:35:45 -0500
Congratulations.  When he is grown perhaps he will be a wonderful father and husband who still loves and holds his mum dear (like my 3 sons!)  If only everyone understood that breastfeeding is not just delivering a nutrition source to a mammal, but a total mind, body and spirit experience that conveys what being a human and IMHO an image-bearer of God.  As science gains more and more information about the connection between nature and nurture (it isn't one OR the other, but both together that influence growth and development) perhaps we will gain more respect for the biologic role of women and their importance in society not just as carriers of the next generation and producers of goods and services!  It should not be THIS hard for women to move through ages and stages and contribute to society in a way that doesn't sacrifice or ignore basic biology!  Just sayin'!