From:
Susan Wittner <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 20 Jan 1999 15:04:52 EST
and I thought it was mandated in the state of Massachusetts that BF moms not
get sent home with ABM and associated products. Two moms that recently
delivered at what I thought were "good BF" hospitals came home with their
special gifts, including ABM (one was offered a tray, for supplementing). they
both felt this gift implies that although breast is best, it is probably too
hard, difficult, problamatic, you will need this stuff... They knew better,
cause they were at a BF support group! Maybe if I'll spare a little time from
LACTNET, I'll write a little friendly note to those facilities.
Susan Wittner, RN,BSN, LLLL