From:
Patrica Young <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 15 May 1999 19:04:32 -0400
The chart I have shows human milk at 5.4 g fat per 100 cal 0r 48.6 cal of
fat in 100 cal of formula.  1 g fat = 9 cal.
Enfamil is 5.6 g fat per 100 cal or 49.4 cal of fat per 100 cal of formula.
 Of course this is from a "nasty" source.  R & A states that " the fat
content of human milk, which provides about one-half of the  milk's
calories, is its most variable component."  But I think it is generally
accepted that about 1/2 breast milk's calories are derived from fat (high
chol too!).  The thought is that this teaches the body how to handle chol
as an adult.

Anyway, yes about 1/2 of the cal in breastmilk (and formulas) are derived
from fat. Just breast milk has perfect fat and formulas have inferior fats
:-)   Sincerely, Pat in SNJ