From:
Kathleen Bruce <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 3 Jul 2014 00:09:37 -0400
I would first find a way to feed the baby more milk now. I would not rule
out a bottle, used judiciously and in a paced method.

I would not bother with teas, but get her on Domperidone if she is amenable
and if she has no warnings or other issues ... also herbs such as Fenugreek
and BLessed Thistle and Goats Rue would help a lot (check for allergies,
diabetes before these are used). Normal professional warnings here.

I would get the mom pumping at least 5 times a day with a hospital grade
pump. The baby needs a full eval, for tongue tie, posterior and anterior,
with someone who knows. Look at Cathy Genna's book. But, the main thing
first is the FEED THE BABY. Second is the support the mother's supply . The
mom if amenable could feed the baby with a tube at breast to increase
flow... Feeding her more is imperative and working with her MD to make sure
all other causes of low weight gain are ruled out.

Kathleen Bruce RN IBCLC, off the top of my head, not my full thoughts for
this case, so please don't think this is comprehensive.

Kathleen B Bruce RN IBCLC
<[log in to unmask]" target="_blank">https://mail.google.com/mail/?view=cm&fs=1&tf=1&[log in to unmask]>

-In Home Lactation Consults, N. Vermont.
-Spinners,Knitters,Weavers Housecleaning Pages
www.kbbspin.org
- Creator Lactnet, c1995,
 Listserv list for lactation professionals

Williston, Vermont USA
Call or text (802) 578 6841