From:
Zoo-Mama <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 4 Mar 2002 09:59:58 -0600
At 6:57 AM +0000 3/4/02, Family Myers wrote:

>Can anyone tell me about neonatal acne? my understanding is that it is
>caused by a drop in oestrogen levels in the baby.
>The mother of a six-week old baby who comes to my support group has been
>told by her GP that "it is caused by her 'breastfeeding hormones' and wont
>go until she stops breastfeeding". She is naturally very distressed by this.
>Other mums in the group then said they had been told similar things by their
>doctors. I can find nothing written to support this so said I would ask you.

What???  But that would mean my four month old would still have acne.  I
mean, I do.  But his skin has been beautifully clear for at least two
months now.  I believe it comes on between 4-6 weeks of age and usually clears
up in 2-6 weeks.  I think I read that in the Dr. Sears Baby Book.

My first had infant acne from 6-12 weeks also.  His also cleared up
beautifully at around three months.

Maren

Eli (3/4/99): http://ohww.norman.ok.us/eli
Isaac (10/17/01): http://ohww.norman.ok.us/isaac