From:
Margie Forrest <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 4 May 2006 11:41:08 EDT

I remember having these callouses in the first months of breastfeeding!  Yes,
my nipples looked like a new lipstick when my firstborn came off (she'll be
22 this year). I even remember discussing sore nipples with a la leche league
leader friend of mine when I had sore nipples with my 2nd daughter (who will
be  18 this year) and agreeing that once the callouses formed, the soreness
would go  away!

Of course, we don't let this happen any more. Gosh it would have been great
to have our current knowledge back then!

Margie

In a message dated 5/3/2006 12:11:34 AM Eastern Standard Time,