From:
Kate Hallberg <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 16 Dec 1998 09:43:37 -0800
t's because
they
doubt their milk supply, or that doubt is planted by others, and they
start
giving bottles, thus starting the downward spiral with which we're all
so
familiar.  Depressing if it's true, as he says, that this is the case
with
half the mothers in Spain. translated Jan for Carlos.
************************************

Something like 40% of mothers who breastfeed in the US quit because of
percieved low milk supply.  That was in JHL about 6 mos ago, I think,
but I can't remember what month is is now, so I could have the dates
wrong.  (so don't hold me to the time factor!)   Read a mainstream
newsgroup or bulletin board on parenting and see how many women fit
themselves into the 5% who can't make enough milk or the 15%-20% with
low plateau of milk production caused by human depravity that the
Ezzos discuss.

==

Kate Hallberg, mom to Ursula (wow! 4) and Sage (1.5)
http://www.cs.colorado.edu/~kolina
* If Barbie is so popular, why do you have to buy her friends?
http://www.geocities.com/Heartland/Ridge/8193/