From:
Morgan Gallagher <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 6 Mar 2009 01:35:48 +0000
Apologies for this, but as a mother fanatical about car seat safety...

There are excellent reasons why you must stop using a car seat after its
expiry date.  The car seat can fail, in a crash, and your child could be
killed.  Car seats in use get a lot of strain.  They get used up, and
worn.  They do fail.

I know, I know.. but I HAD to say this.  I know Sam's point was
excellent, and I do know mothers who buy car seats that look good, as
opposed to buy ones that do a good job.  And horrible care seat makers,
make them to look good and snazzy as opposed to safe.  But I HAD TO SAY
IT.

*apologies*  I'll go and grovel off to bed now...

Morgan Gallagher

http://www.kyledavidmiller.org/   For child car safety seat advice and
help for low income families to get safe car seats