From:
Cee Miller <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 24 Aug 2006 06:49:05 -0700
Janice... thanks for sending this story.  I had a former student contact me just yesterday and ask if I knew anyone who could use the hundreds of ounces of frozen milk she has in her deep freeze.  Her baby is breastfeeding wonderfully and her supply is great, but she wants to get rid of this milk before we get any further into hurricane season, just in case there are power outages or worse.  She said she'd rather give the milk away to someone who needs it than have it go to waste.  I'll send this along to her... I wonder how much it would cost to ship the milk in dry ice.  Hmmmm.

  Cee

Janice Reynolds <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
  Calif. Mother Uses Internet To Find Breast Milk
Insurance Won't Cover Costs Of Real Thing

http://www.nbc11.com/health/9720444/detail.html

SAN DIEGO -- A young mother is turning to the Internet in a desperate
attempt to feed her premature triplets.

The babies are less than a month old and their mother, Lisabeth Ruiz Ciotta,
has a medical condition that prevents her from producing enough milk for
them. Although Ciotta's doctor suggested putting her kids, Nichola, Marcello
and Celine, on formula, she said that doesn't work.

Basically, they don't eat it -- they refuse or whatever they eat, they vomit
it," Ciotta said.

(see link for full article and video slideshow)

Janice Reynolds