From:
Christina <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 2 Jul 2007 11:35:32 -0700
What a sad, sad story.  I, too have met some very impressionable young teen
mothers in the nursery.  I remember stories that have been told here about
abuse victims... and how breastfeeding can been very healing for them.
Although this young teen mother has more on her plate than any 16-year-old
should, she is expressing her desire to breastfeed.  I think this could be
very, very therapeutic to her.  And certainly we know the benefit to the
baby.  It's not someone else who is compelling her to do this; SHE is the
one is asking to do this.  SHE is the one who wants to do it.  I'd support
her 100% in this effort.  If it becomes too much for her, she can always opt
to quit.

Kudos to you for the services you are providing this mother at no charge.
The world needs more people like you!

Christina Harris, RN
Seattle, WA