From:
Katharine West <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 23 Aug 2000 22:14:39 -0700
I received a few requests for how one signs up for the e-mail alert service
for "things pediatric" that I mentioned in my posting, so I'll share this
with the list.

The parent service is Medscape with the best description of their services
on their Who We Are page:
http://www.medscape.com/Home/About.html

The pediatric specialty service is MEDSCAPE's Pediatrics MedPulse(R). As a
registered user, I access it at:
http://pediatrics.medscape.com

If that doesn't work, try:
http://www.medscape.com/Home/Topics/pediatrics/pediatrics.html

Use of Medscape Professional is FREE, requiring a simple FREE one-time
member registration. Click on the Register Here! Button at the top of the
Navigation bar and sign up! And when asked for profession, be encouraged
that the final option is for "other medical/clinical" for those without an
obvious license, so **all** Lactnet members may sign up for this service.
Once a week, it comes to my e-mail as a table of contents with direct links
to full text articles - wonderful service. It is amazing the number of
articles that regularly have to do with infant feeding issues.

Enjoy!

Katharine West, RN, BSN, MPH
Sherman Oaks, CA