Date:
Fri, 7 Aug 1998 08:29:59 -0500
>"I have been having VERY sore nipples for a week now and can't seem
>find a
>reasonable reason.  He is very good about his latch on and letting go
>when
>he's done.  He did bite one last week but hasn't since (and both are
>sore).  I
>don't have a yeast infection and haven't for about 4 months.

Sure sounds like yeast to me.  Many people believe that a "yeast infection"
will always be vaginal, with discharge. I would recommend treatment for
yeast imbalance. A good test would be the "ever-popular" Gentian Violet to
see if the nipples are less sore.  Even one application on the nipples can
sometimes bring relief.  Then if she wants to go the oral route she could
work with her HCP along with complementary treatments to assure rebalancing
her system.

There is a lot of information on yeast treatment in the Lactnet Archives.

Patricia Gima, IBCLC
Milwaukee
mailto:[log in to unmask]