From:
Sam Doak <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 7 Mar 2008 23:45:23 -0500
I'm thinking Michael Odent made this public in 1999, in The Scientification
of Love. I hope someone takes it seriously, this time.

And, back to the word-police thing from a few days ago - pitocin mimics
oxytocin, but does not cross the blood/brain barrier. The mother gets no
mothering benefits from a pitocin induced birth. But, let loose the
oxytocin, and look out! I would be interested to know about how oxytocin
affects a newborn, if a longer labor or a shorter labor had impact upon the
newborn's brain one way or the other??

Best wishes,
Sam

<<
http://www.psychologicalscience.org/media/releases/2007/feldman.cfm

Level of Oxytocin in Pregnant Women Predicts Mother-Child Bond

Humans are hard-wired to form enduring bonds with others. One of the primary
bonds across the mammalian species is the mother-infant bond. Evolutionarily
speaking, it is in a mother's best interest to foster the well-being of her
child; however, some mothers just seem a bit more maternal than others do.
Now, new research points to a hormone that predicts the level of bonding
between mother and child.

Esther Grunis, IBCLC