Date:
Tue, 3 Apr 2001 16:20:32 +0200

"But maybe this is a possibility.  As
the evidence continues to accumulate about the detrimental and long term
health hazards of formula feeding, and we know how the formula companies
marketing tactics make mother's dependant on their product,  one day a
government will say enough is enough!  You can start to pay for the damage
you have caused.  Just as they have done with the cigarette companies."

The only problem there lies in the fact that no matter what the reasoning behind this type of support, the company will still brandish its name all over the screen (tv), page (mag and newspapers). Therefore, I don't think any of us would yet agree to such sponsorship. If we or any other bodies would agree to it under such pretenses as "paying for the damage", I assure you, we could already cash in.  Why wait till all of us have long tired of fighting the battles and issues of financial backing and grants. But, the truth is that the "formula" marketers names have not yet been added to the publics'  blacklist. and until it does, I believe we would be very wary of association with those companies no matter what the reasoning,