From:
Cindy Neary <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 14 Sep 1998 02:00:55 EDT
     We had a post not too long ago asking if maternal treatment with MgSo4
pre and post-partum had any effect on maternal milk supply and  onsent of
"milk coming in"  I did a search on pubmed and came up with only one possible
citation in a journal from Malaysia.  Does anyone have any literature
citations on this one?  I am aware of the anecdotal report in JHL of a mother
with delayed onset of milk supply attributed to MgSo4 therapy.  We do a lot of
MgSo4 at my institution and I am thinking of doing a research proposal on it.

     Thank you

     Cindy Neary RN