From:
Vaishali Kute <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 12 Jan 2005 07:46:01 -0500
Dear All,

I'm doing a baby survival class at Babies r us this friday.
I'd like to give a hand out on useful websites and books to the expectant
parents. I'll also have a brief hand out on what to expect the the first
few days and weeks, steps to successful bf and SIDS prevention. I revisited
the AAP book about early childhood almost 13 yrs later and was horrified at
some of the advice and the stance on breast and bottlefeeding it took. The
newer edition might be a little better but there's no way I'll recommend it
to any parent for fear that they may get an older edition from the library.

I have these links

http://www.babycenter.com
http://www.breastfeedingonline.com
http://www.thebfclinic.com
http://www.lalecheleague.org
www.4women.gov

Books on my list are:

The baby book dy Sears
Dr Mom  by Marianne Neifert
Happiest Baby by H. Karp

Please recommend any other websites that you have found useful for new
parents.

I plan on Weissingerising my talk. The words 'advantages of breastfeeding'
will not pass my lips. Only this list would know what I mean by that.
Wish me luck!

Vaishali Kute, MD
Trying to get to them early in Atlanta GA