From:
Loni Denman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 8 Mar 2005 06:34:46 EST
My friend had a baby March 1st by primary C/S for breech.  The baby  was born
with a dislocated hip, and, as a result, has to wear a velcro brace  that
keeps the baby's legs spread apart.  The doctor said the baby must  wear this day
and night or the hip may not align itself properly thus leading to  a
possible limp when older and walking, or one leg shorter than the other.

My mom is finding it very difficult to nurse the baby in a comfortable
position for the baby.  I live out of her state, so I cannot help her  position the
baby.

Does anyone have experience with this and can give me some advice to give  to
her?

TIA.  Loni Denman RN IBCLC