Date:
Tue, 20 Aug 2002 08:42:23 +0100

>Secondly, for the record Breastfeeding Matters was initially published in
>1984 by Allen & Unwin,

Thanks for clarifying this, Maureen.  Sorry I made the assumption
you'd self-published. I find it heartening that you didn't....but I'm
not at all surprised that editors have serious hang-ups about
publishing the forthcoming book. When they say it makes women feel
anxious, they're also meaning it makes *them* feel anxious. The
maintream position on infant feeding is that it doesn't really matter
'as long as you are happy and relaxed with your feeding choice' or
whatever phrase is used.

I always wonder why that's not supposed to make the unhappy,
unrelaxed mums feel anxious...

HWN, UK