Date:
Sun, 11 Feb 2001 15:11:25 -0500
Thank you so much for sharing your insight from "the other side".
 It is very helpful to put yourself in anothers shoes.  I do it with my
children
all the time, wondering how they perceive me from the look on their faces
and what is
really going on in their minds.
I recently attended an LLL HRE (human relations enrichment) session.  It
is so enlightening
to think about how we phrase things and the roadblocks we put in the way
of good relationships,
not just within our families but obviously with peers and others in our
lives.
I'm  glad we didn't lose you and I hope we all work on our language and
respect for others.  We need
to remember that ones actions are based on ones knowledge about
something.  In order for the knowledge part to change they need to be
receptive.  It is best to work on repoire it can overcome many barriers.
Here's to us, to recognizing it is hard to always contain our
frustrations but that we will try so that
we can impart our knowledge in the long run and change the actions of
those we are frustrated with.

Ilene Fabisch, IBCLC, LLLL
Brockton, MA