From:
Kate Hallberg <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 15 Dec 2000 11:59:21 -0800
I agree that "we" need to get breastfeeding out of the
closet for our older children, so I do.  I mention
(when it comes up) that my younger may nurse when the
baby is born, and my older wishes she could but her
latch is really uncomfortable for me.  I feel I can
get away with it easily because of my education,
socio-economic status, (reasonably) clean, spacious
house, ability to hire a lawyer, brilliant daughters,
etc.  I agree that it's pathetic that those issues are
considered though and not everyone feels comfortable.

I really do like Diane's suggestion of the ongoing
birthday anniversary nurse-in.  I have never hidden to
nurse so I dont' know how I would change though!  :-)

=====
Kate Hallberg, mom to Ursula (6!), Sage (3) and ?!?(1-6-01)http://www.cs.colorado.edu/~kolina/                    Top 10 Items on George W. Bush's to do list:7) Order copy of "Presidents for Dummies."6) Keep distance from Cheney...don't want to catch heart disease.