From:
laurie wheeler <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 10 Apr 1999 15:56:38 PDT
Dawn, here is the followup record that is page 2 of our hosp
assessment and intervention record. If the client was not our inpt but
called in with a concern we just use this part. Then we note in the
upper right corner when we are to call them back or have them come in.
We keep all the active forms in a folder in chronological order as to
when we will be calling or seeing them. then when they are finished
with our services we file by date of birth. if the mom later calls us,
like w/ a 3 mos old or whatever, we ask the d.o.b. and pull her file
then add one of these followup sheets. Works so far for us. This is
not part of a permanent med. record but so far we have a few years and
we just keep them all, filing the prev. years in a big file cabinet,
and keeping 1999 in our desk drawer file. Hope this helps.

BREASTFEEDING FOLLOW-UP RECORD                       call back -

DATE____________________

___PHONE FOLLOW-UP ___CALL IN  ___ seen in OFFICE  ___HOSPITAL (inpt)

REASON FOR Contact:
AGE OF BABY -
LATEST  WT -
wt gain/loss________________   When?________
BF FREQ DURING DAY? _________________NIGHT? ____________________
WHO ENDS THE FEED? ___Mother   ___Baby
URINE X 24 HR________describe_______________________
STOOLS X 24 HR______describe_______________________
MILK SUPPLY / SIGNS OF LETDOWN?

MILK EXPRESSION? (include type of pump, frequency etc)
SUPPLEMENTS? (EBM, Water, formula, vits, juice, etc)
how GIVEN?
NOTES / PLAN :

Laurie Wheeler, RN, MN, IBCLC