From:
Natalie Wilson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 13 Nov 2003 08:54:41 -0500
>A female employee at German food manufacturer Humana is under
investigation for manslaughter by negligence, German public prosecutors
announced Wednesday.

>Other employees at Humana Milchunion's plant in Everswinkel, Germany are
also likely to be questioned, as manufacturing involves a variety of
sections within the plant.

Shouldn't they start investigating from the very beginning?  How did these
children wound up on formula?  Was it medically necessary for babies
survival?  Even if it was so, were the parents informed of the risks of
formula?  What are the names of doctors who prescribed this formula?  What
was done before they resorted to such a drastic measure (fourth choice in
nutrition for infants according to WHO)?

I would also seriously question what prompted the manufacturer to adjust
the formula to kosher?  Was it a marketing ploy targeted at religious
beliefs of parents?

Humana is one of the leading brands of formula in the countries of the
former USSR.  As of November 12, 2003 by the order of the Chief Doctor of a
Russian Health Agency all infant food manufactured by Humana (Germany) and
Remedia (Israel) marketed under brand names Humana, Remedia and Baby-sitter
is suspended from distribution in Russia.

As to German-Jewish "conflict" that somehow sprung up here, I bet there are
as many people of Jewish decent working in formula companies as there are
any other nationalities.  Also, most corporations are often multi-national,
not affiliated with any particular country.  It is ridiculous to imply
something like this was done on purpose.  I must also say that Arabs were
mentioned as "villains" before Germans.  It is sad...  In my observations,
most of the time, childrens health is sold out in the first place by their
own people.

Natalie Wilson
NC