From:
Renee Drake <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 19 Jan 2006 00:38:09 EST
I have addressed B12 many times here in reference to my gastric  bypass...I
daily take 1000mcg of B12 due to my bodies insufficiency at absorbing  it.  It
also was instrumental in bringing UP my supply since I was so  deficient at
the birth of my baby girl.  (Remember me? This is how I got my  start in this
wonderful group)  As you said, Hale says it is fine.   Yes I do notice my milk
is a bit more "orangey" but that is all...Cate still  LOVES her bum bums and
wants it over cows milk any day.  Once, I started  taking that much B12, my
supply not only grew, but the milk I produced was  fattier and more favorable to
her growth.  I was able to give up my wet  nurse and feed her myself full time
and she gained beautifully.   Also....just fyi, the ped checked her B12 level
at her 18 mos check up...just in  case....and she is on the high end of
normal, so her neurological system is just  peachey lol.  I think that that would be
the only concern in this babe if  there is a concern to be had, that the babe
would have too much B12...but a  simple blood test will tell that.

Good luck, email me off list if you wish.

Renee Drake RN CLC
Nursing Cate since 3/17/04