From:
Margaret Radcliffe <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 27 Sep 1995 09:51:06 -0400
I read the following message on the alt.arts.ballet newsgroup.  I responded
with my concerns over the effects of breast implants on breastfeeding, and
the failure of the media to include an information on this aspect of breast
surgery in their news reports.  I thought you might be interested.  Anyone
with personal experience in this area might want to respond.  Perhaps our
comments would help to insert some discussion of breastfeeding implications
into the whole breast augmentation/reduction question within the medical
community.

>First, don't hang up or leave, this is an informal but legitimate
>research based query I'm conducting for an MD doctor friend who
>doesn't have access to on-line services.  I apologize if these
>questions seem out of place here, but I'm trying to hit as many
>newsgroups where women may potentially respond.
>
>This information is being collected for a single medical presentation.
>Questions and answers are being used for background purposes only.
>I'm interested in getting personal opinions/points of view for the
>following questions.
>
>The information is being collected for an informal educational
>presentation and will not be used for litigation, or other adversarial
>purposes.  Now that that's said and done with . . .
>
>Please answer any questions you feel comfortable with - I am
>interested in collecting as much information as possible.
>
>1.     When did you receive your implants?
>
>2.     How much did you pay for the implants?
>
>3.     a.  Who paid for the implants?  (you, insurance, other)
>       b.    If insurance paid, what underlying conditions were
>       involved?
>
>4.     a.  Do you still have you implants?
>       b.  If not, when were they removed and why?
>       c.  How much, if any, did the removal cost?
>       d.  Who paid for removal?  (you, insurance, other)
>       e.  If insurance paid, what were the underlying conditions?
>
>5.     a.  Are/were you having any problems with your implants?
>               b.  If so, what are the problems?
>               c.  Are you receiving any treatment for these problems?
>       (please elaborate)
>
>6.     Do you have any general opinions about your experience with
>       breast implants?  Any comments about news items, publicity, or other
>       matters?
>
>------
>Pagogh Cho
>http://medic.med.uth.tmc.edu

Margaret K.K. Radcliffe               [log in to unmask]
Dept. of Mining & Minerals Engr.
Virginia Tech, Blacksburg, VA