From:
Naomi Bar-Yam <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 16 Dec 2007 22:18:37 -0500
One of the events that motivated the boycott was a lawsuit suit in
Germany, in which Nestle sued the "Third World Action Group" for
libel over a book called The Baby Killer, which, when published in
German was titles "Nestle Kills Babies". Timeline of the boycott is
available at: http://www.babymilkaction.org/pages/history.html

A number of years ago, I wrote an article on the boycott for
Mothering Magazine (Winter 1995). Judith Richter's book "Holding
Corporations Accountable: Corporate Conduct, International Codes, and
Citizen Action" (2001) is also an excellent book on this topic.
Another good book on the history of the boycott and the Code is: "The
Politics of Baby Foods: Successful Challenges to an INternational
Marketing Strategy," 1986 by Andrew Chetley. It's probably no longer
in print, but libraries may have it

Hope this helps.

Naomi

On Dec 16, 2007, at 3:57 PM, LACTNET automatic digest system wrote:

> I may not be remembering correctly, but I thought the Nestle
> boycott began
> in Canada.  Pat in SNJ, USA

Naomi Bar-Yam Ph.D.
Executive Director