From:
Ann Perry <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 18 Dec 1998 11:06:38 EST
Hi Kathy,
This may not be what is happening in your mom but I did notice that you said
she had a c-section.
When I was in L&D we had a mom who recieved an excesive amount of IV fluids
with her epidural and ended up with CHF. Now this happened within a day of her
surgery so with your mom being 6 days post-op this probably is not the case.
The case I know the mom was transfered to the CCU put on diuretics and had a
nice recovery.
I agree with Darleen's note to find a cardiologist who is interested in the
dyad and what is important for this mom so she will have a smoother recovery.
I'm am sure there are meds that could be precribed to assist this mom and
still maintain brfdg.
Good Luck
Ann Perry RN IBCLC
Boston, Ma