From:
Dawn Kersula <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 27 Aug 2010 08:15:43 -0400
Laurie, thanks for mentioning churches - up here in the Northeast we don't
often think about churches as a venue as it's slim pickings for young people
(and remember we are called God's Frozen Chosen up here!).

In addition - the idea of calling it a play group is interesting. I have a
New Moms Network at the hospital - we have NEVER called it a breastfeeding
support group - but word in the community is that it's for breastfeeding
mothers and babies. I think the preponderance of breastfeeding couplets in
the group makes it very uncomfortable for formula feeders. But it's been
wildly popular for over 12 years! We have a slightly different model -
various speakers from the community interspersed with potpourri days - but
it's been wonderful for the community and for me!
Dawn Kersula in Vermont
....who had somebody say to her, "You have changed the face of motherhood in
this community"  Wow!