Date:
Wed, 7 Apr 1999 23:12:28 EDT
i am happy to say that our local milk bank will send a mother's day card to
the mother of your choice in return for a donation. i hope they are planning
on doing it this year, since i am posting this (if not, i will provide one
myself with lovely calligraphy). the milk bank newsletter also will mention
donations of all kinds; a husband of a volunteer stipulated in his will to
make a donation to the milk bank which covered the costs of a new freezer.

Mother's Milk Bank
Columbia Presbyterian/St. Luke's Medical Center
1719 E. 19th Avenue
Denver CO 80218

looking up the address in the file, i found my letter thanking me for being a
three time donor. one of my most favorite pieces of paper.

  at our local milk bank, teenagers do volunteer work, often to fulfill their
high school requirements. i also do things like buy or ask for universal kits
to be donated when i find them at garage sales (i am pretty good at talking
people out of them, they then get a donation letter for tax deduction
purposes), and of course encouraging people to donate.

there is also the cookies and milk cookbook of desserts, for sale by our milk
bank. please email me privately for cost and shipping cost (i will have to
check). if you order one, i will offer as an enticement a copy of my recipe
for pepper candy, also known as breast candies due to their distinctive look.
always a conversational item at a lactation gathering.

there is a website that includes a good list of the milk banks, but since my
computer was upgraded last week, it ate some of the places on the list, so i
will get andrea to post the site or i will post it when i find the address
again.

now think of something to do for your milk bank, and call them up.

carol brussel IBCLC