From:
Karen Gromada <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 8 Nov 2008 13:47:33 -0500

Info in the following doesn't answer all your questions, but I hope
something is of use...

http://otispregnancy.org/pdf/staphylococcus_aureus.pdf

http://www.cdc.gov/EID/content/13/2/298.htm

http://www.medscape.com/viewarticle/580098

RE: Breast Abscess Commonly Linked With MRSA (including last paragraph of
article, as it's not included in the related Green Journal abstract)

September 5, 2008 — Breast abscess is commonly associated with
methicillin-resistant *Staphylococcus aureus* (MRSA), according to the
results of a study reported in the September issue of *Obstetrics &
Gynecology*...

"Community-acquired MRSA was most commonly associated with breast abscess,"
the study authors write. "The empiric use of antibiotics ineffective against
community-acquired MRSA did not adversely affect the outcomes in this
study... We discovered that the most important component of treatment for
the cohort consisted of draining the infected breast, either by manual
emptying, breastfeeding, or, in cases with abscess, incision and drainage."

*Obstet Gynecol*. 2008;112:533-537 (
http://www.greenjournal.org/cgi/content/abstract/112/3/533)

Karen Gromada
www.karengromada.com/